Friday, December 3, 2010

Quick Takes Friday


-1-

I just finished the book Hunger Games  by Suzanne Collins and I thought it was tremendous.  If you haven't heard of it, it is a three book young adult series told from the perspective of a young woman living in a bleak, violent futuristic society. The characters are very well developed and Collins does a great job of showing the roots and consequences of a violence-craving society without being gory or crass in her storytelling.

-2-
We had a major poop disaster last night, and no, it didn't have anything to do with the baby. Since it has gotten bone-chillingly cold, we have been less than "on top" of taking care of our dog's business out in our yard. Well, last night we paid dearly for this when our dog stepped in a pile and then TRACKED IT ALL OVER THE HOUSE just as we were finishing dinner. You can imagine the panic, horror, and screaming that ensued.

-3-
 My mother-in-law showed me this really neat "flash mob" type video. It's amazing!



-4-
My husband and I are total soda addicts and so we just bought this to save money and cut down on all the cans we were accumulating. It is really neat!


-5-

One major drawback to my daughter having teeth is that she bites! She bit me really hard last night during nursing. Is there a way to train babies not to bite?

-6-
If you haven't already heard of it,  the Saint Nicholas Center is a tremendous resource for everything St. Nicholas! I used it a lot when I was teaching religious education and now I plan to get some ideas for St. Nicholas day.

-7-

Have a great weekend and happy Advent!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the book rec! I'm hold 107 at the library now...

    Let me preface this by saying I'm single and have no children and only understand the basic idea of nursing... I read that one way to stop biting is to give their hair a little yank when they do it. This really offended some of the reviewers, but it does seem logical one could use that feedback applied consistently to modify the behavior. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete