Friday, October 15, 2010

Quick Takes Friday

-1-


-2-
I have something embarrassing to admit: I picked up one of those Amish romance novels in the library last week. I was in the mood for some light romance, but didn't want anything trashy and I thought it would be a good compromise. The verdict: not so great. 

-3-
I was really touched by the story of this businessman who was about to go bankrupt (and in the process bankrupt his parents and siblings) but had a conversion experience that turned his whole life around. It really shows the power of prayer! You can listen to the story on his website (click on "history of KCI")

-4-
Have you ever had one of those mind-numbingly exhausting weeks? This was one for me. My brain is barely working.

-5-
I am getting ready to start solids with my daughter and am a little nervous. There seems to be conflicting information about what foods are best to start with. I found this post on the topic by Mrs. T to be helpful.

-6-
Is it mid-October already? Weather permitting, I can get out of the house to work on  my side project soon before winter comes.

-7-
I learned the hard way (read: baby screaming all night) that broccoli is not a great thing for this nursing mom to eat. Too much information? I blame #4. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment