Thursday, November 18, 2010

Graceful Day

 
"Cloud Gate" by ancawonka







Everyone says how much having children changes your life, and I knew this intellectually but the reality of it hit me like a train. Overnight, my life had changed in a wonderful, but very intense way.  I felt immediately how much I would need help. Divine help. In a big way. And there were very, very hard days when I felt I couldn't make it, that I was a bad mother, and I selfishly mourned the freedom and leisure my previous life held.

And then there are amazing, beautiful days when the cloud cover clears and I am able to see my blessings for what they really are. My cozy, warm home. My wonderful husband and family. My sweet little daughter. Today was one of those days when I was able to see Grace working in my life and I knew that everything would be okay. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment