Friday, October 29, 2010

Quick Takes Friday

-1-
This week I started shopping around for Christmas cards. One of the card designs I saw said "Happy Everything" instead of "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays". What's up with that? I suppose you could just send one card out a year with a blanket "happy everything" statement and you wouldn't have to worry about sending out those pesky birthday, Easter, or Valentine's Day cards.

-2-

Need some fun music to start your weekend to that harkens back to the good ol' days? You're welcome.


-3-
I don't know if this is just a stage, but my  6 mo. daughter seems inordinately attached to me. She screams whenever anyone else holds her. She lets her dad hold her, but sometimes he doesn't even cut it. Its flattering to be loved so much, but it would be nice sometimes to be hands free.

-4-
Speaking of the baby, she has learned to shriek and she does it very, very well. I can imagine why women weren't the traditional hunters in many societies. Just picture a woman with her bow and arrow, poised to shoot the deer when all of a sudden, ear-piercing screams ring out from her baby, warning the game for the next forty miles. I know I would have starved.

-5-
If you are looking for something yummy to bake, this recipe for banana chocolate chip muffins is excellent. 

-6-
I am terrified of Halloween this year, and not for the traditional, "spooky" reasons. I am afraid of the hundreds of children that I imagine will be flocking to our door, alerting the dog, and waking the baby.

-7-

Speaking of scary, why oh why would you see this movie? I think I would be sleeping with the lights on for months and months after. No thanks.

Have  a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment