Friday, October 22, 2010

Quick Takes Friday


-1-
Last week I opened my door to get the newspaper and screamed (in total surprise) to see two people standing on my doorstep. They were Jehovah's Witnesses. I think I should really get that "No Soliciting" sign sooner rather than later.

-2-

I watched the whole series of Sister Wives this week. One of my friends described it best: its like a train wreck happening before your eyes, you want to look away but you just can't. 


-3-
Speaking of movies, I recently watched "The Constant Gardener" and I might be going crazy, but I could have sworn it had a different, happier ending the last time I saw it. I probably am just losing my mind.

-4-
The fall is a nice time of year, but it can also be stressful for me because I feel like I need to make the most of the nice weather before it becomes unbearably cold and bleak outside in late November. Maybe I am just having flashbacks to last winter which was unusually rough (please not too many blizzards this year!)

-5-
This Christmas will be the first time we will be taking the baby on an airplane, and I have to admit I am terrified. My daughter has a knack for finding the worst times for screaming fits (her baptism, a friend's wedding, the speech at my husband's work dinner) and it will be a three and a half hour flight. Any tips for flying with a 8 month old?

-6-
My daughter has been sleeping with us in our bed every night, which would be fine if my husband didn't insist on letting our 100 pound dog sleep with us too. As you can imagine, it gets pretty crowded; I wake up in the night (literally) pinned by the hairy beast.

-7-
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment