Friday, September 24, 2010

Quick Takes Friday


-1-
Want to see something disgusting/scary? These creatures have literally surrounded my house. Apparently there is an infestation all along the east coast. Yuck!

-2-
Speaking of scary infestations, I thought this edited version of Hitchcock's "The Birds" was clever:



   

-3-
Something horrible happened last night right before bed: our baby swing kicked the bucket. "That's not too scary," you might think, but if only you knew how insanely important  to my sleep it has become how helpful it is, you would understand the crisis.

-4-
 Nursing moms, I need your help! Since my daughter's birth I have become -ahem- shall we say a little bustier than before?  As a consequence, many of my favorite  pre-pregnancy shirts have become immodest and I am having an incredible hard time finding shirts that are:
a) not low cut (v-necks and scoop necks are too low right now)
b) versatile (dressed down or up)
c) comfortable (not hot or scratchy)

Maybe I am being too picky, but I have literally searched seven or eight stores and have nothing to show for it. My usual spots (Target, Old Navy, Gap) have failed me miserably. Any suggestions?

-5-
Speaking of fashion, somebody call Michael J. Fox and pull the DeLorian around because we have gone back to the future:

-6-

I am reading Quo Vadis right now and am totally hooked. I would definitely recommend it if you are interested in historical fiction.

-7-

Check out what the Apple website looked like in 1997 courtesy of the Way Back Machine. Created by the Internet Archive, the Wayback Machine is a way to look at websites that are long gone or get a glimpse of the way web content used to look like.  From their website: 
The Internet Archive is working to prevent the Internet - a new medium with major historical significance - and other "born-digital" materials from disappearing into the past. Collaborating with institutions including the Library of Congress and the Smithsonian, we are working to preserve a record for generations to come.
All you have to do is type a URL into the database and it gives you a list of archived years for that site. Really neat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment